Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Favorite Vegan Resources

Since I'll be taking tomorrow off to spend Christmas with my family, I'm writing my typical Thursday more personal blog entry today. I'm often asked about resources for adopting a vegan diet and lifestyle. Here are my favorites:

Favorite Vegan Web Resources
The Vegetarian Resource Group
Bryanna's Vegan Feast
Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
Vegan Food
Cool Vegan
Happy Cow


Favorite Books
Becoming Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet
Cooking the Whole Foods Way
This Crazy Vegan Life
Vegan with a Vengeance
Veganomicon
Vegan Express
The Joy of Vegan Baking
The China Study
The Food Revolution
The Gluten Free Vegan

I'm always happy to answer questions and offer advice. After more than 5 years as a Vegan, I can say that it is not a diet, it's my lifestyle. I have no regrets, no cravings, and no desire to return to my old carnivore ways.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thoroughly enjoy your posts, on both food and technology. I'm curious to know your thoughts on buckwheat as a staple grain for vegans and vegetarians? I'm interested in developing some food products with buckwheat and your feedback as a highly-informed vegan/physician/scientist would be appreciated.

bruce said...

As a physician and an administrator of sorts.....I find your blog one of the very best on the web.

I am curious though why you became a vegan originally ? was it philosophical or principial driven ? health based ? religious ? someone you admired who was vegan ?

I suspect other readers would be curious too......

thanks ,

bruce bowden md